Shinning white teeth are proof of your beautiful smile. It’s a desire for every human being to have white shinning teeth no matter how their face looks. Yellow teeth are the real embarrassment and nobody wants their teeth to look dirty. If you have lost the whiteness of your teeth due to the consumption of coffee, smoking, tobacco, or aging, there is always a possibility that you can get your whiteness back naturally. When the teeth are bright and flawless, it is an indication of good health, beauty, and vigor. if you’ve paid attention over the last few years, smiles have gotten whiter and shiny due to the rise of cosmetic dentistry, which is costly. However, there are several other ways that can help you bring back your white smile which includes home remedies to whiten your teeth instantly.
Today we will share with you some great tips on how you can have white shinning teeth naturally without having to spend too much money.
Teeth Whitening Home Remedies
There are several ways you can whiten your teeth but it’s very important to know which methods work. So, we have compiled some of the best home remedies to whiten teeth which can give you instant results and are risk-free. The ingredients used for these home remedies are easily available in your homes. With these tips, you can bring back the natural color of your teeth to have a more healthy and youthful appearance.
When we talk about instant teeth whitening, baking soda is the number one priority. It is the best ingredient to bring back the whiteness of your teeth. You can use baking soda in the following ways.
- When you brush your teeth in the morning, sprinkle some baking soda on your toothpaste and brush your teeth gently. After that, rinse your mouth with warm water. Do this process once or twice a week.
- You can use diluted baking soda and scrub your teeth with it, once or twice per week.
- You can make a mouth wash with baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, and coldwater. Mix one teaspoon of baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide, and 1 cup of cold water. Rinse your mouth 2 or 3 times a day with this mouth wash and you see results in a week or two.
- Combine baking soda with lemon juice, white vinegar, and hydrogen peroxide. Use this mixture to brush your teeth once or twice a week.
Charcoal consists of a crystal-based chemical that removes the dirt and plaque from your teeth and makes it white. Activated charcoal can help in changing the pH and health of the mouth, preventing cavities and killing the bad bacteria present in tooth decay and gingivitis. Using Charcoal is very easy, as it only requires a tooth-brush and charcoal powder.
- Dip a wet toothbrush in the charcoal powder and let the brush stick as much charcoal as it can. Then start brushing your teeth. Brush in small, gentle circles for 2 minutes, spit carefully and rinse really well. Use this method 2 or 3 times a week and you will experience your teeth really clean.
You might be thinking, how strawberries are related to teeth whitening, but they are. Strawberries contain malic acid and Vitamin C which acts as an astringent to remove surface discoloration on your teeth. The good thing about this remedy is, it’s all-natural. You can use strawberries for your teeth in 2 ways.
- Make a paste by grinding a few strawberries. Rub that paste on your teeth gently using tooth-brush. Do this process once or twice daily and you will start seeing results in a few days.
- Another way is to mix 1 strawberry paste with 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda and apply the mixture on your teeth with the help of a tooth-brush. Leave it for 3 – 5 minutes and rinse with water. You can use toothpaste after to remove the remaining residue.
Hydrogen peroxide works as a bleaching ingredient for teeth and removes the yellow layers present on the teeth due to the consumption of coffee, tea, and tobacco products. It helps in whiten your teeth instantly and bring back its true color.
- Use a mouth wash that has hydrogen peroxide. Do not swallow the liquid as it can create problems in your stomach.
- Mix hydrogen peroxide with baking soda and brush the teeth with the mixture using a tooth-brush. Do this 1 or 2 times a week. Excessive use of hydrogen peroxide can cause irritation in the gums.
Lemon also has some bleaching properties that can restore the true color of your teeth.
- Add some lemon drops to baking soda and brush the teeth with this mixture using a toothbrush. Do this process 1 or 2 times a week.
- Mix few drops of lemon juice in 1 tablespoon of salt and apply the mixture on the teeth. Leave the mixture for 3-5 minutes and rinse your mouth with water. You can use toothpaste after if needed. Do this process in the morning and in the night daily. In 2 weeks you will start seeing tremendous results.
Holy Basil – Tulsi
Holy basil is a great mouth freshener and also kills bacteria and germs responsible for plaque, tartar, bad breath, and dental cavities.
- Leave a few leaves of holy basil in the bright sun for some time. Once the leaves become dry, grind them into a fine powder. Use this powder to brush your teeth. You can also use your fingers to rub your teeth with this basil powder or can even mix the powder with your regular toothpaste and use it that way.
- Mix Holy basil powder with mustard oil and brush your teeth with this mixture using a toothbrush. After that, rinse your mouth completely with water.
This is an old remedy but very powerful. In some parts of the world like India, this remedy is still practiced. According to Indian Ayurveda, certain trees contain properties that can help in whitening your teeth. The twigs of these trees are used to brush teeth. These trees include Babool (Acacia Arabica), Banyan (Ficus religiosa), and Neem or Margosa (Azadirachta indica). Using them is very easy.
- Take a tender twig from the branch of the tree, the standard size of a tooth-brush. Wash the twig well with water. Now chew slowly one end of the twig in your mouth so that it gets scattered and fibers would come out of it. Those fibers will become a natural brush. Now use that fiber end to brush your teeth completely for about 15 to 20 minutes. You can rinse your mouth with fresh water after that. Discard that twig once you are done. Use a new fresh twig next time.
Oil Pulling is also an Ayurveda technique to whiten your teeth and achieve overall good oral health. It also removes plaque, bacteria’s and gingivitis to bring back your shining white smile. Oil pulling works the same as mouth wash but more focused on teeth. For oil pulling, you can use Olive oil, Coconut oil, or Sesame oil. Let me explain to you how?
- When you wake up in the morning and have not brushed yet, take some oil in your mouth and swish it with energy putting efforts. Push the oil through your teeth which will make the plaque or other hard layers soft and easily removable. Keep doing it for 15 – 20 minutes. In a couple of days, you will start seeing white teeth shinning from your mouth. ( Do not swallow the oil ).
I hope you enjoyed reading these good tips on how you can whiten your teeth instantly using these natural methods. If you have more tips to share, feel free to comment below or email us directly using the contact form.